Happy New Year!
The Christmas leftovers have been eaten, the wrapping paper gathered, the midnight countdown to 2019 has rolled over – so, what now?
I’m sure many of us have already set some resolutions and are looking forward to this year with a fresh enthusiasm and drive in our step.
Before you dive back into the office and turn off your auto-response, let’s take a look at HOW this year can, truly, build on the wins and lessons of 2018, and how changes to your automation integrations could ramp up your productivity to a whole new level.
Here’s some automation resolutions for you to consider and adopt as your own…
- Reduce unnecessary ongoing expenses. This could look like cutting the cost of your monthly telephone bill (how-to and recommendations here) or reducing your paper usage (digitization tips here).
- Improve your internal communications. Maybe you need to cut down on the amount of back-and-forth emailing through the use of a tool such as Slack or integrate video calls to maximize the success of remote work brainstorming sessions.
- Increase your security and data management protocols. News continues to emerge weekly of major data breaches across popular websites, and cleaning up your passwords while implementing additional security precautions is just good practice.
- Find a CRM that works for you. Make 2019 the year where no lead is lost due to bad data practice. Trust me on this one – it’ll make a world of difference.
- Save time on tasks that automation can do for you. Like scheduling phone calls and appointments, or sending and receiving signatures.
There’s so many more areas where small changes can make a big difference through automation, so next week we’ll look at some more simple automation resolutions.
In the meantime, kick-start your 2019 automation resolutions through my Automation Hackers course. This self-paced course includes a step-by-step guide to Zapier, which is one of the most powerful and flexible automation tools on the market, providing a great framework for larger automation decisions.
You’ll also receive access to new and regular how-to videos bringing you up to speed with the latest automation hacks. The Automation Hackers community gives you space to learn from others, ask questions, and access exclusive online events. You’ve got nothing to lose – for you, it’s free. Check it out here.